Southside Lacrosse League
Boys Middle School Division
2019 Spring Season
The Boys Middle School League is open to experienced players in grades 7 & 8. This is a competitive league and recommended for players who have intermediate to advanced experience levels. All players must be current members of US Lacrosse through 5/30/19.
Teams will play on Wednesday evenings
South - Virginia Beach PAAC
Peninsula - TBD
**All Games on Synthetic Turf Fields**
March 6th - May 11th
Games begin at 6:00 pm or 7:30 pm
$170 per Player
$25 Late Fee after 01/25
Uniforms are not included in player registration.
CLICK HERE to view Uniform Ordering Information
The Middle School league is established as part of a larger plan to develop lacrosse players in a fun and safe environment while facilitating alignment with the spring High School structure
The key goals are to:
Increase participation in Coastal Virginia.
Develop a robust pipeline of players feeding into the high school teams.
Encourage player affinity and awareness of their prospective high school team and future Coaches
Afford a structure for high school coaches to assist in recruiting and player development in their zones.
Play competitive lacrosse in a competitive format.
- 10 game season
- No play Public School Spring Break week or Easter Weekend
Practices and Team Management
- Practices at coaches discretion in local area (coaches responsible for procuring space) approximately 2-3 times per week depending on age
- Uniform is NOT included in above fee
- Zoning will follow the area Spring High School League zoning rules as player registration supports
- All players and coaches must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- All coaches shall be US Lacrosse Level 1 certified at a minimum.
- All sideline participants must have a current background screen in place and have valid US Lacrosse Membership.
- US Lacrosse 14U Youth Rules
- League provides game balls
- Onsite Trainer or Paramedic
*League structure is subject to change based upon final player registration. Emphasis will be placed on aligning teams with their zoned high school club wherever practicable.
Note: Where enrollment is sufficient league placement will follow the same zoning assignments as the Spring VA South Non-VHSL Club High School League (sponsored by www.hrlax.com). "Free Agent" players are welcome and will be assigned to a team with the closest available match to their school zone based on space available. If a team has multiple players but not enough for a stand-alone team, all of those players will be kept together to the extent possible.