Boys Summer U9/U10 Lacrosse Team
Intermediate Training for Players in 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade
We are fully committed to providing an exceptional player experience!
V3 Lacrosse players and their families benefit from:
- High tempo and structured training
- Proper fundamental skill development
- US Lacrosse Certified Officials
- Skilled, experienced Coaching Staff
- Conveniently located fields.
Training Sessions & Games:
Tuesday & Thursday Evenings 5:15pm-6:30pm
Final Session: Thursday June 30th
Sportsplex Regional Training Center
Season will end with full field games vs similarly skilled teams at the Virginia Beach Bash Tournament on July 2nd & 3rd. Festival format, fun games but not a formal championship.
Players who show the aptitude will be considered for move up into the Select program.
- U10: 4th graders
- U9: 2nd & 3rd graders (plus qualified 1st graders with coach approval)
Format: V3 Lacrosse progression training
In Canada, most lacrosse players do not start field lacrosse until 7th grade. Instead, they play box lacrosse provides numerous advantages. Players are focused on developing their skills and learning how to play up and down the field on offense and defense. Since all players run the full length of the field and play with short sticks, they are not distracted with position specialization. Additionally, players will get many more "touches" per hour playing in this format and their passing, catching, dodging and shooting skills will improve much more rapidly.
We combine the advantages of Canadian style box lacrosse with field lacrosse in a "hybrid" box/field methodology originally developed by 3d Lacrosse in Denver. Games are played on a short field and all players play the entire field so they get experience on offense, defense and in "transition".
(Note: Advanced players have the option of moving directly to one of our Select Travel teams when they are ready where they can move to full 10v10 field lacrosse.)
- Common structured training syllabus across all divisions; seamless transition as players age up
- Utilize Hybrid Box and Field Concepts
- Heavy concentration on building fundamental skills
- High tempo with lots of individual "ball-touches" for every player
- Progression format build-up drills to reinforce concepts while refining skills
- Players are taught to "innovate" and create offense vs memorize fixed plays
Skilled & Experienced Coaches
- 100% background screened by NCIS
- All Coaches are US Lacrosse Certified
- All Coaches have strong lacrosse background, mostly at the collegiate level
- All Coaches are trained in core curriculum
Equipment - Full lacrosse gear is required for all players:
- Shoulder & arm pads
- Mouth guard
- Athletic protector (highly recommended)
- Rubber cleats (lacrosse or soccer style)
- V3 reversible pinnie required - may be purchased for $20
Starter packages are available through our equipment sponsors, Dicks Sporting Goods or Grand Slam Sports.
Sign up today for Boys
Intermediate Developmental Lacrosse!
V3 Rush is a US Lacrosse Member Organization and all of our programs are in conformance with US Lacrosse "Gold Stick" standards.
Please be sure to read the emails that come from your Coach and to check your Team Page for updates and additional information.