Southside Lacrosse League
Boys Youth Division
2019 Spring Season
The Boys Youth League is open to players in grades K-5. This is a recreational league and recommended for players who have at least some prior experience via clinic, summer camp, fall league etc. All players must be current members of US Lacrosse through 5/31/19.
March 9th - May 11th
Saturday Games ~ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
South: Virginia Beach PAAC
**Small sided games conforming to US Lacrosse ADM Youth Rules**
10U - $155 l 8U - $140 l 6U - $135
[$25 Late Fee after 01/15]
Please note the uniforms are not included in registration fees. Uniform ordering links coming soon!
>> BOYS 10U CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
>> BOYS 8U CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
>> BOYS 6U CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
The Youth League is established as part of a larger plan to develop lacrosse players in a fun and safe environment while facilitating alignment with the spring High School structure. We conform to US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model rules which feature small sided games and shorter fields. The intent is to maximize the "FUN" aspect of lacrosse while affording players lots of "touches" and on ball time.
- Increase participation in Coastal Virginia.
- Age appropriate schedules and game format.
- Encourage retention long term by keeping the focus on FUN!
- Play competitive lacrosse in a competitive format.
- 10U - 3rd & 4th graders, 6v6 format ("box lacrosse on grass!"), 60'x35' field, 4x4 goals - 8 Game Season
- 8U - 1st & 2nd graders, 4v4 format (with goalies), 60'x35' field, 4x4 goals - 8 Game Season
- 6U - K & less experienced 1st graders, 3v3 format (no goalies), 60'x35' field, 4x4 goals - 8 Game Season
Practices and Team Management
- Practices at coaches discretion in local area (coaches responsible for procuring space) approximately 2-3 times per week depending on age
- Uniform is NOT included in above fee
- Zoning will follow the area Spring High School League zoning rules as player registration supports
- All players and coaches must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- All coaches shall be US Lacrosse Level 1 certified at a minimum.
- All sideline participants must have a current background screen in place and have valid US Lacrosse Membership.
- US Lacrosse LADM Youth Rules
- League provides game balls
- Onsite Trainer or Paramedic
*League structure is subject to change based upon final player registration. Emphasis will be placed on aligning teams with their zoned high school club wherever practicable.
Note: Where enrollment is sufficient league placement will follow the same zoning assignments as the Spring VA South Non-VHSL Club High School League (sponsored by www.hrlax.com). "Free Agent" players are welcome and will be assigned to a team with the closest available match to their school zone based on space available. If a team has multiple players but not enough for a stand alone team, all of those players will be kept together to the extent possible.