Thank you for your interest in coaching with Southside Lacrosse League!
- To be considered as a Coach or Assistant Coach, you must complete the following courses through Step #3.
- If your application is accepted, you must register for and attend the next local Level 1 Instructional Clinic; more details are below.
- Please note that submitting a Coaching Application does not guarantee a coaching assignment.
LACROSSE COACHING CHECKLIST:
STEP #1: Active US Lacrosse Membership is required for the duration of the season.
- Click the link above to register or renew your US Lacrosse Membership.
- Coaches are responsible for their own US Lacrosse Membership fees.
- Please note that the name, address and birthday you enter must be the same for both your US Lacrosse Membership and your Southside Lacrosse League registration.
STEP #2: Click here to Complete a Coaching Application.
- The registration process will ask you to update your USL number and will walk you through the NCSI background check process.
- The background check will be billed directly to the program if the process above is followed correctly.
STEP #3: US Lacrosse Level 1 Online Certification
- Use the Membership credentials you received from US Lacrosse to log in and begin your Level 1 Certification.
STEP #4: US Lacrosse Level 1 Instructional Clinic
- Clinics are 3 hours and available nationwide, October through March annually and also at the US Lacrosse National Convention in January. (We will post information regarding regional clinics as they become available.)
Click HERE for a listing of the upcoming listings on the US Lacrosse website. Contact your local administrator to find out if a live session will be available, or attend the PCA workshop at the US Lacrosse National Convention (free with convention registration). Some Level 1 clinics have PCA included, please check the USL website for information. Send proof of PCA completion to
After the Spring 2018 season, all Head Coaches for each team will be required to complete the following:
STEP #5: US Lacrosse Level 2 Online Course
STEP #6: Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Online Course
STEP #7: NFHS Concussion Course
STEP #8 (Boys only):How to Make Proper Contact in Boy's & Men's Lacrosse
You can always track what USL has on record by logging into your USL account at
Currently, once you earn Level 1 certification, you do not need to re-certify. To maintain a current, non-expired certification, you simply need to:
- Keep your membership current by renewing every year—view your expiration date in your USL account.
- Renew your USL/NCSI Background Screening every 2 years after the first screening. Not sure when to do this? Check your expiration date in your USL account.