Southside Lacrosse League
Girls Youth Division
2018 Spring Season
The Girls Youth League is open to players in grades 1-6. This is a competitive league and recommended for players who have at least some prior experience via clinic, summer camp, fall league etc. All players must be current members of US Lacrosse through 5/30/18.
Teams will play on Saturdays between 9 am and 5 pm
South - Virginia Beach PAAC
Peninsula - Warhill
(Above locations are tentative - Final locations TBD)
**Small Sided Games Conforming to US Lacrosse ADM Youth Rules**
March 3rd - May 12th
Games run between 9 am and 5 pm
8U & 10U - $150
12U - $160
$25 Late Fee after 01/25
Uniforms are not included in player registration.
CLICK HERE to view Uniform Ordering Information
>> GIRLS 12U CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<<
>> GIRLS 10U CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
>> GIRLS CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
The Youth League is established as part of a larger plan to develop lacrosse players in a fun and safe environment while facilitating alignment with the spring High School structure. We conform to US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model rules which feature small sided games and shorter fields. The intent is to maximize the "FUN" aspect of lacrosse while affording players lots of "touches" and on ball time.
The key goals are to:
Increase participation in Coastal Virginia.
Age appropriate schedules and game format.
Encourage retention long term by keeping the focus on FUN!
Play competitive lacrosse in a competitive format.
- 12U - 5th & 6th graders, 12v12 format, full field, 6x6 goals
- 10U - 3rd & 4th graders, 8v8 format, 60'x35' field, 4x4 goals
- 8U - 1st & 2nd graders, 4v4 format (goalies optional), 60'x35' field, 4x4 goals
Practices and Team Management
- Practices at coaches discretion in local area (coaches responsible for procuring space) approximately 2-3 times per week depending on age
- Uniform is NOT included in above fee
- Zoning will follow the area Spring High School League zoning rules as player registration supports
- All players and coaches must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- All coaches shall be US Lacrosse Level 1 certified at a minimum.
- All sideline participants must have a current background screen in place and have valid US Lacrosse Membership.
- US Lacrosse LADM Youth Rules
- League provides game balls
- Onsite Trainer or Paramedic
*League structure is subject to change based on final player registration. Emphasis will be placed on aligning teams with their zoned high school club wherever practicable.
Note: Where enrollment is sufficient league placement will follow the same zoning assignments as the Spring VA South Non-VHSL Club High School League (sponsored by www.hrlax.com). "Free Agent" players are welcome and will be assigned to a team with the closest available match to their school zone based on space available. If a team has multiple players but not enough for a stand-alone team, all of those players will be kept together to the extent possible.