Youth coaches are some of the most influential role models in kids' lives - and we take that to heart!
Southside Lacrosse League is a US Lacrosse organization. In our continued commitment and efforts to grow the game of lacrosse throughout Coastal Virginia, Southside Lacrosse helps facilitate opportunities to develop experienced and knowledgeable coaches through online offerings, clinics, and comprehensive certification.
Southside Lacrosse supports the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program, which ensures that our coaches are provided the tools they need to learn how to be a successful coach.
A Southside Lacrosse League Coach:
- is motivational and positively inspires student-athletes to improve and work hard,
- is knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport,
- is relational and excellent at communicating with players and parents,
- possesses good character and is a positive role model.
Southside Lacrosse is proud to support the Positive Coaching Alliance, which increases coaches' abilities relate to their players beyond the field, helping to teach them important life lessons through the sport of lacrosse.
You can learn more about the process to become a coach with Southside Lacrosse League and begin the application process on our Coaching Requirements page by clicking here.
Learn more about the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program.
2018 player discounts for Coaches & Assistant Coaches:
The following discounted player registration fees apply to coaches and assistant coaches of 10U, 12U and 14U teams who have completed Steps 1 - 4 described on our Coaching Requirements page.
- Head Coaches: One (1) complimentary player registration
- Assistant Coaches: One (1) 50% player registration discount
- Submitting a Coaching Application does not guarantee a Coaching assignment.
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches must be officially assigned to a team's coaching roster by a League Director.
- There may only be 1 Head Coach per team.
- There is a maximum of 3 Assistant Coaches per team.
- The League will process reimbursement and credits due Coaches who meet the above criteria within two weeks of the last game of the Spring 2018 season.