Youth coaches are some of the most influential role models in kids' lives - and we take that to heart!
COVA Lacrosse League is a US Lacrosse organization. In our continued commitment and efforts to grow the game of lacrosse throughout Coastal Virginia, Southside Lacrosse helps facilitate opportunities to develop experienced and knowledgeable coaches through online offerings, clinics, and comprehensive certification.
The league supports the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program, which ensures that our coaches are provided the tools they need to learn how to be a successful coach.
A COVA Lacrosse League Coach:
- is motivational and positively inspires student-athletes to improve and work hard,
- is knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport,
- is relational and excellent at communicating with players and parents,
- possesses good character and is a positive role model.
We are proud to support the Positive Coaching Alliance, which increases coaches' abilities relate to their players beyond the field, helping to teach them important life lessons through the sport of lacrosse.
You can learn more about the process to become a coach and begin the application process on our Coaching Requirements page by clicking here.
Learn more about the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program.
2019 player discounts for Coaches & Assistant Coaches:
The following discounted player registration fees apply to Head Coaches of 10U, 12U and 14U teams who have completed Steps 1 - 4 described on our Coaching Requirements page.
- Head Coaches: Credit equal to One (1) player registration at the level coaching
- Access to Team Store for equipment (*NEW*)
- Submitting a Coaching Application does not guarantee a Coaching assignment.
- Coaches & Assistant Coaches must be officially assigned to a team roster by a League Director.
- One Head Coach per team. (May not be Head Coach for more than one team)
- Maximum of two Assistant Coaches per team during League games.
- Coaches must complete all base requirements, submite a complete application and be approved by the League prior to receiving player credit. No refunds will be issued - register after approval.